Friday, September 24, 2010

Living in the Big "D"

Greetings everyone! We have been living in Dallas for a whopping two weeks now and it has been fabulous to be together as a family. It was difficult on all of us to say goodbye to our daddy for two weeks at a time, over an eight month time period, while he traveled for work. Now, it's on to a fresh start!

Dallas is the fourth city we have lived in, in a two year time period. On the plane ride here, Rylie started to violently throw up for the whole plane ride home and then continued on for the next twenty four hours. Poor girl! The experience created a de-ja-vu feeling, until I remembered our move from Huntington Beach. Yes, the exact same thing happened! I even remember that Brielle and Zoey started vomiting a few days later and Ry grabbed our giant blue tarp and spread it across the TV room floor while we each held a vomiting baby in our arms all night long. Aah memories. Anyway, we have found a great after hours pediatric care center,within minutes of our house. All three girls are positive for strep throat and have been on antibiotics for several days, and other than that we haven't seen a whole lot more of Dallas beyond our backyard! The weather is less humid than Houston, but still hot. I guess this is just a little note to let friends and family know we are alive and almost well. Love you all. We'll update soon!

7 comments:

Jess said...

Welcome back to the blog world! I heard through the grapevine that you were going to Dallas. I'm happy you guys are together as a family again. Good luck setting up the new place!

melissabastow said...

Puking children on a plane - sounds fab. Super jealous...

So you're next move is going to be to Boise, right? In like two weeks? RIGHT?!! 'Cause I'm seriously needing some fun here.

MISS YOU!!!

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

Oh my goodness! I hope everyone gets better soon. We were sick with strep throat the past couple of weeks too.

Good luck unpacking and getting settled in your new home! What is Ryan doing for work now?

Nilsson Family said...

Oh my goodness, sounds like you have had plenty of time to unpack:) I wish I could be there to help you but I would just bring more craziness! It was so fun to spend time with your family. Your girls are all so cute! We love you and lookin forward to some updates:)

Edwin and Rebecca said...

Brooke...I miss you. You were supposed to be hanging with me here in Amarillo! We are all settled in and actually love it here. Surprising, I know. Keep blogging and let me know how Dallas is treating you. Did you sell your house? Did you buy in Dallas?

Lindsay (moore) Vandermyde said...

What part of Dallas? I have a sister-in-law that lives in Flower Mound. She's awesome and has 3 kids with one on the way, so she might be a good contact.
If you live near there, let me know and I'll get you two in touch!

Lelani said...

guess what! we're moving too! back to Utah for a while and then who knows ... glad things are well with you guys. we miss you!