Sunday, May 23, 2010

Amarillo by Morning

There are many country songs sung about Amarillo, yet Amarillo by Morning or should I say Amarillo by 3:00 in the Morning, fits us best! A week and a half ago, I buckled the three little girls, myself, and our dog in our SUV for a twelve hour adventure across Texas to Amarillo!
Crazy? I agree. There is just one thing in this world that could motivate us to make such a trip......Daddy! We had had enough of seeing him every two weeks and needed some quality time.


The girls were amazingly patient in the LONG car ride and it was fun to see the character in each of the little country towns we passed through. If I ever get the chance I would love to set foot in a few of those small town antique or country boutique's. I was especially intrigued by one called Boy George. Some of these little country towns had the most interesting names. Happy and Star Texas, cute. Watermelon and Raisin Texas, yummy. Ranger and Refugio, Texas,  all I can think of is Walker, Texas Ranger. Study Butte, Texas, close to college station? White Settlement, Negro Crossing, and Uncertain, Texas, Um mm...no comment!
We missed the lightening storm traveling to Amarillo and left hours before NINETEEN tornado's touched down in Oklahoma and the Texas Panhandle! I am grateful to be safe with my three little ones and even more grateful for the quality family time.


This is the Palo Duro Canyon. It is the second largest in the U.S. It reminds Ryan and I of southern Utah, because of the Red Rock. Isn't it pretty?















The girls walked a two mile hike with us. Not bad for two, two year olds and a four year old! However, this was taken towards the end of the hike and Brielle had had it with pictures. Note the finger scolding daddy, "no,no daddy, no more pictures!"




 Ellie hiked into a mud hole then attempted to take a step and fell hands first in the mud. To top it off, she lost a shoe as daddy pulled her out!



The time seemed to pass so quickly. The girls LOVED Dad's little vegetable garden. We had a great time cheering on the Amarillo Venom (football), but the best part for me was just being with my family and being temporarily relieved of daily responsibilities.

8 comments:

Jess said...

That does kind of look like Southern Utah! That is so nice you got to visit him for a while. I hope your house sells soon for that reason- not because we want you to go!

Anonymous said...

great post,funny town names! love
Sammy

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

Ah! You have triplets!! The girls all look so much alike, esp now that Brielle and Zoey are bigger. I'm sure you get that a lot.

Sounds like you are moving? More details please!!

The other day, Jeremy and I were talking about how much we miss Rylie. It's been way too long since we've talked. I will call you soon!

Lindsey S. said...

They have grown so much since I saw you all last!

Lelani said...

looks very pretty!! you're a brave woman--driving all that way with three little ones. :-)

Twins Squared said...

That looks so neat! Really makes me want to get away! I thought I had you on my blogroll and hadn't seen an update in a long time. Then saw your new post on someone else's. Anyway, glad you survived the drive! That's pretty brave!

Nilsson Family said...

I am so glad you posted again. The girls are so big and grown up, I can't believe it. They are so adorable!! And you are amazing to go on such a long trip. But even more amazing for what you do everyday without your hubby, I couldn't do it thats for sure. Keep posting so I know whats going on:)Love you all!

melissabastow said...

You're my hero - just the thought of driving my kids anywhere by myself makes my eyelid twitch a little a bit.

Remember how we decided that someday when we're ancient and widows we're going to be roommates again? I say we live in Uncertain, Texas. It sounds awesome.