Sunday, November 16, 2008

Island Getaway for a Day!




That's right, Ry and I jumped on a boat to Catalina Island Friday night. This is our first overnight escape since Rylie was born two years and seven months ago. But, whose counting=). Just Kidding, we did escape overnight when the twins were born, but that can't possibly count. I wouldn't call delivering twins naturally a getaway! This escape was only possible thanks to our saintly friends, the Zavoral's! Yes. they took on the triple trouble overnight. It went smoothly too. Rylie usually cries just about every time she realizes Mommy isn't within a ten foot radius, but this time she was fine. She even called on the phone and didn't have an emotional breakdown. I think it is due to the consistency that Sarah Lynn offers our family by nannying two days a week and her husband's presence. Rylie's world is her Daddy and I think it helped to have another kind daddy figure around. THANK YOU Zavorals for your bravery and hard work!




The island's town is only a square mile, so all of the beach houses are stacked close to each other and up the mountain side. The rest of the Island is owned by a conservation group. The land is full of wildlife.




Behind Ryan, you can see all of the smoke coming from over on the mainland due to another huge California fire.


All of you Millard High School, Bio-tour fans, this is the view of CIMI from the mountain road. Below are Catalina's Bison.

The trip was a perfect rejuvenation time. Although, I'll have to admit that at times I didn't know what to do with myself, particularly when it didn't take thirty minutes just to get loaded up in the car. It was wonderful to eat great food, tour the island, and just be with my hubby.

4 comments:

melissabastow said...

Wow- I'm jealous. Where do I get friends to take my kids for the night? No, seriously, where? Ok, so actually we MIGHT be able to pull off a one night stay in a hotel downtown for our anniversary this year. (We're total party animals - clearly.) This will be the 3rd time in.....5 years, 4 months, and 18 days. And that's just depressing.

Oh yeah, I also want a nanny. Can I have a nanny? I'll take a nanny now. Oh yeah, and a maid...and possibly a cook...but that's all....maybe.

Ummm, so the word I have to type in for the word verification on this comment is "focky". I don't even know what to say about that. Other than I wanted to say it.

Ok, I'm done commenting now.

Well...now, I'm done.

THE END.




now.

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

We had soooo much fun taking care of your kids!! (and we blogged about it in case viewers want to know what happened while Brook and Ryan were gone). I'm glad you two had such a relaxing time. You definitely deserved it!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Tara said...

So glad you guys were able to get away. What awesome friends to take the girls! I can't believe you haven't been overnight without them since Riley was born....too long!!

Lelani said...

I love Catalina! Perfect getaway, too. I even loved the ferry ride over though the waters were choppy. FUN!