Monday, November 10, 2008

Proposition 8 - made simple again


Yes, I do have mommy brain, but I know,Proposition 8 already passed. Thank Heaven! I just feel that there are still a lot of people who have yet to really taken the time to educate themselves on the issue. I like this video because it seems to simplify everything. I believe this issue so sensitive because it plays on everyones emotions. There wasn't one door that I knocked on and found a non supporter, that didn't have a good heart and want the best for everyone. For example, Ryan and I would hear, "wouldn't you want to be treated the same from the government, with the same tax deductions as a married couple?" "Yes" we would answer. Then gladly explain how in the state of California domestic couples ALREADY get those benefits. If I have learned anything, it is to educate myself on issues, before becoming passionate about them. I am grateful to be in California at this time in my life. I am proud to work for a better future for my family. I am honored to stand up for the Lords eternal plan for the family. The journey in support of prop 8 was a long one, and I wish I had better documentation of the pre-election events, but for now these pics will have to do. I love you all and if you want to learn more visit http://www.preservingmarriage.org/.



Look down the street. Supporters for proposition 8 were lined up for miles along the Pacific Coast Highway. We did this at a time when all of our proposition 8 signs were being stolen, many were taken directly off of peoples own front lawns. We had to hold it to show it!

1 comment:

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

I really admire you and Ryan for going the extra mile to support this Prop. It would have been so easy for you to say that with with three little babies and an indefinite residence in CA, that you could leave it up to others to fight for. But you not only supported it, you walked, rallied, called, and talked with so many people. I still can't believe how Ryan called all of his co-workers separately and spent hours talking with each one about the issues at stake. Way to go, you too!